Understanding its responsibility towards the society, PATNAIK STEELS & ALLOYS LTD. has taken special measures to conserve environment. Aware of the harmful emissions from industrial waste, it has taken steps to lower the emission levels of its plant to negligible levels by using environment friendly sources of fuel.
"We are committed to conduct our operations at the DRI Plant, Power Plant, SMS Shop, Billet Caster in the most environmentally benign manner. We underline our commitment towards
- Minimising the impact on various components of the environment, particularly on Air, Water, Land and Natural Resources through conscious and concerted efforts.
- Compliance with the applicable environmental legislation & regulation.
- Continual improvement of our environmental performance through the use of most appropriate economically viable technologies, voluntary involvement of our employees and participation of business associates.
- Protecting air, water and land by controlling pollution due to emission, contamination and noise caused by any activity of the company.
- Adherence to the statutory requirements on products and the environment.
- Conserving and improving the quality of resources, and conserving energy through scientific and systematic methods.
- Implementing the concept of 'Green Productivity'.
- Aiming at zero defects, zero breakdowns, zero losses and zero accidents.
- Improving overall equipment efficiency (OEE) for safe and efficient operation of the plant.
- Creating a clean and pleasant work environment, leading to higher employee morale and greater organizational profitability.